Queen, Prince Charles back Duchess of YorkMay 31st, 2010 - 11:43 am ICT by ANI
London, May 31 (ANI): The Queen and Prince Charles have offered support to Duchess of York over the cash-for-royal-access scandal.
Sarah Ferguson - whose debts are estimated at between 1 million pounds and 4 million pounds - was caught on film accepting 27,000 pounds in cash to fix access to her ex-husband Prince Andrew, Britain’s trade envoy.
She was seen asking an undercover reporter to wire another 500,000 pounds into her personal account.
But after being exposed, Fergie said sorry for the ‘embarrassment’ caused to her ex-husband.
They both met at Royal Lodge - the home they still share in Windsor Great Park - and she wept: ‘I’m so sorry.’
And Andrew, 50, revealed that the Queen and Charles had both called to say they would support him - even if he chose to stick by her.
“It meant so much to her because she is now confident that Andrew is looking out for her and it also shows she hasn’t completely alienated the Royal Family,” the Sun quoted a pal of Fergie’s as saying.
“Andrew realizes the situation can’t go on. He was furious with her but knows she is in trouble and needs help. He’s seriously considering writing a cheque to clear her debts on the promise that she never messes up again,” the pal added. (ANI)
- Fergie hasn't always been so greedy: Biographer - May 31, 2010
- Fergie turned down $3mn Saudi Prince sex offer: Biographer - May 31, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson clears part of $7mn debt thanks to Oprah - Mar 07, 2011
- Prince Andrew's ex-wife sued by lawyers over debts - Apr 23, 2010
- Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson caught on tape selling access to her ex-husband for money - May 23, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Sarah Fergie to talk about her bribe scandal on Oprah show - May 28, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson gets measly $21,500 a year from Prince Andrew - May 25, 2010
- Duchess of York - Sarah Ferguson is in debt and almost broke - Aug 08, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson wants to star in 'Dancing with the Stars' - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson was drinking during tabloid sting - Jun 01, 2010
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Sorry, says British royal after seeking bribe - May 24, 2010
- Royal filmed seeking bribe, Britain stunned (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Prince Andrew forgives Fergie over 'cash for access' scam - May 26, 2010
Tags: 1 million, debts, duchess of york, embarrassment, fergie, messes, personal account, prince andrew, prince charles, queen, royal family, sarah ferguson, scandal, sun, undercover reporter, windsor great park, writing a cheque, york london