Queen, Michelle Obama strike ‘firm friendship since G20 summit meet’June 14th, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 14 (ANI): Queen Elizabeth II and Michelle Obama have struck a firm friendship since they first met at the G20 summit in London in April, according to sources.
The Queen, in what was suggested to be a sign of close bonding, allegedly let the US First Lady and her daughters to have a rare guided tour of Buckingham Palace during their visit to the capital last week.
Michelle and her girls Malia, and Sasha, purportedly treaded the royal floors of the Monarch’s official London residence and its 40 acres of gardens as part of Sasha’s birthday treat on their final day of the sightseeing trip, reports The Telegraph.
The trio were later alleged to have been warmly greeted by the Royal at the end of their hour-long tour.
The Queen, 83, and Michelle, 45, have apparently forged a warm friendship after sharing similar interests, such as their love for the countryside, gardening and clothes, reports The Telegraph.
During the Obamas’ visit for G20 summit, the pair were even snapped affectionately hugging each other, which was thought to be an unprecedented display of intimacy by the Queen towards a foreign dignitary.
And before bidding goodbyes, the Queen was overheard as saying: “Now we have met, would you please keep in touch?”
The two women have since maintained contact through letters and telephone, according to sources.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the Queen’s relationship with Michelle or on the latter’s alleged royal tour last week. (ANI)
- Obama accepts Queen's invitation to visit UK in May - Feb 18, 2011
- Michelle Obama dines with Spanish King and Queen before flying home - Aug 09, 2010
- We have a missile crisis, Mrs Obama - Oct 15, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth welcomes President Obama, Michelle - May 24, 2011
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- Michelle Obama, daughter Sasha to tour Spain - Jul 27, 2010
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Michelle Obama set to savour Spanish holiday with daughter - Aug 02, 2010
- Kate Middleton's Reiss dress being offered on eBay - May 27, 2011
- Mrs 'O', how does your garden grow? - Oct 31, 2010
- Michelle Obama, daughter visit Spain's historic Granada - Aug 06, 2010
- Stefani to host Obama fundraiser with Michelle - Jul 05, 2012
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- The seven avatars that shaped Michelle Obama's image in first 100 days - Apr 29, 2009
Tags: birthday treat, buckingham palace, countryside, elizabeth ii, first lady, foreign dignitary, g20 summit, guided tour, intimacy, june 14, london residence, malia, michelle obama, monarch, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, sasha, sightseeing trip, two women, warm friendship