Queen Elizabeth’s Christmas message to focus on familyDecember 25th, 2011 - 9:34 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 25 (IANS) Queen Elizabeth II will deliver a traditional Christmas message Sunday afternoon that will focus on the theme of “family and community”.
In the address written by the queen herself, she would say: “Of course, family does not necessarily mean blood relatives but often a description of a community, organisation or nation.”
“The Commonwealth is a family of 53 nations, all with a common bond, shared beliefs, mutual values and goals,” Xinhua quoted the queen as saying in the speech.
The message, recorded in room 1844 in Buckingham Palace earlier this month, will be broadcast at 1500 GMT on Christmas Day on television and radio.
The queen and her 90-year-old husband Prince Philip have planned to travel across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to mark the queen’s diamond jubilee. Other members of the royal family would also visit Commonwealth nations next year.
- Queen's diamond jubilee celebration kicks off - Jun 02, 2012
- Prince Philip hospitalised, misses jubilee concert - Jun 05, 2012
- Queen's husband Prince Philip hospitalized due to infection - Jun 05, 2012
- Cobra beer to add froth at British queen's diamond jubilee event - Apr 18, 2012
- Prince Philip taken to hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Prince Philip in hospital - Jun 07, 2012
- Cobra creates Queen's portrait using just beer and spices - May 29, 2012
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to announce engagement in June? - Apr 07, 2010
- Prince Charles now favoured as next king of England - Jun 11, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth welcomes President Obama, Michelle - May 24, 2011
- Pope greets Queen Elizabeth - Jun 06, 2012
- Thousands cheer Queen's Diamond Jubilee river pageant - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: blood relatives, buckingham palace, christmas, christmas day, christmas message, common bond, commonwealth nations, community organisation, dec 25, elizabeth ii, england scotland wales, gmt, northern ireland, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal family, sunday afternoon, traditional christmas, xinhua