Queen bans staff from revealing royal family snippetsDecember 28th, 2008 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 28 (ANI): The Queen has reportedly banned the staff from repeating any private royal matter with family or friends in a bid to preserve privacy.
The gagging order was said to further force caretakers to return all royal mementoes, letters and gifts once they quit.
The memorabilia included seemingly harmless thank-you notes from the royals, even simple handwritten labels on Christmas presents, plus their own personal diaries when they leave their post.
Those not wiling to abide by the new rules would allegedly be shown the door, reports News of the World.
The Monarch had purportedly brought in new regulations to prevent embarrassing acts such as those pulled by former servants who traded their royal connections to make a fortune.
However, the contract, thought to be the proposal of Master of the Household David Walker, has incurred the wrath of the workers, who were reportedly planning on talking about the matter with the Queen personally.
A palace insider said us: Some of the Queens longer-serving staff are up in arms about this and have so far refused to sign. In fact, only about half have signed it.
“Theyre hoping to have the chance of a word in Her Majestys ear to get it dropped.
While Buckingham Palace spokesman decline to discuss staff contracts, an insider added: Everyone talks about their job but a lot of staff are now scared and dont know what to say.
Its like were working for MI5, not the the royal family.
A lot of us believe this oversteps the mark and will fight it all the way to the very top. Its a breach of our human rights. (ANI)
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth gags royal household staff - Dec 28, 2008
- Queen offers to share Buckingham Palace with Wills, Kate - Jan 15, 2011
- For the first time in 44 years, UK Queen to skip Commonwealth Games - May 30, 2010
- Queen's Senior Under Butler demoted for ogling at gay porn - May 05, 2009
- Queen may close crumbling Buckingham Palace - Dec 20, 2009
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Queen's most trusted aide resigns amidst Buckingham Palace sex scandal - Jan 01, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth to remain on stamps - Jan 10, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Royal Family to be granted new right of secrecy - Jan 08, 2011
- Condom firm cashes on Prince William, Middleton's charm - Jan 30, 2011
- Queen's head to be removed from British stamps? - Dec 19, 2010
- Meet the Brit boy who stalked Queen Victoria, stole her bloomers - Feb 02, 2011
- Situation vacant for chauffeur worth the Royals - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: breach, buckingham palace, david walker, december 28, decline, gagging order, handwritten labels, memorabilia, mi5, monarch, news of the world, palace spokesman, personal diaries, royal connections, royal family, royals, servants, snippets, staff contracts, wrath