Queen admires Windsor ‘Sandcastle’ during Weymouth visitJune 12th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): The Queen felt like home as she admired the sand replica of her Windsor Castle during her visit to Weymouth.
The 9ft high, 140 sq ft replica was created by sculptor Mark Anderson and along with his team, reports the Sun.
The team of five men took 300 hours to build the sculpture with sand and seawater. It has 20 turrets, 18 wall sections and even the Royal Standard flag.
Smitten by the sculpture the Queen, who was accompanied by Prince Philip, told Anderson that the replica was “just like the real thing”. (ANI)
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Prince Philip in hospital - Jun 07, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Queen's husband Prince Philip hospitalized due to infection - Jun 05, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates 84th birthday - Apr 21, 2010
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Queen's photos found in attic show off-duty life of the Royals - Feb 22, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Queen gives green light for beer festival at Windsor Castle - Jul 02, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth goes horse riding with grandchildren - May 11, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth takes style tips from Kate - Mar 14, 2012
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Tricolour flies in Windsor for Pratibha Patil - Oct 27, 2009
- Intimate gifts reveal Queen Victoria, Prince Albert's passionate relationship - Mar 13, 2010
- Grand reception for President Patil at Windsor Castle - Oct 27, 2009