Quake hits TaiwanNovember 22nd, 2010 - 2:26 am ICT by IANS
Beijing/Taipei, Nov 22 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale struck off the eastern coast of Taiwan Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of casualties, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the quake that hit the sea off coast of east Taiwan’s Hualien city at 8.31 p.m. was about 10 kilometres deep, the China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
Taiwan’s weather bureau said earlier it was a 6.1-magnitude quake with the epicentre depth of about 40.7 km.
The tremor was felt across Taiwan.
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits eastern Taiwan, no damage - Nov 22, 2010
- Quake hits Taiwan region - Jul 19, 2011
- Powerful earthquake rocks eastern Greenland - Aug 30, 2012
- Quake hits Japan - Apr 21, 2011
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012
- Strong quake hits off southern Taiwan, no threat - Feb 15, 2011
- Strong earthquake rocks eastern Taiwan - Oct 04, 2009
- 7-magnitude quake hits New Zealand - Jul 04, 2012
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Japan, no damage - Aug 01, 2011
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Taiwan - Jul 14, 2009
- Moderate earthquake hits northern Taiwan, no casualties - Apr 30, 2011