Quake hits MexicoApril 12th, 2012 - 10:06 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, April 12 (IANS) A 6.4-magnitude quake struck western Mexico Wednesday but there was no major damage, the National Seismological Service (NSS) said.
The quake occurred around 5.30 p.m. The epicentre was located 50 km southwest of La Mira in Michoacan state at a depth of about 65 km, Xinhua reported.
The tremor was felt in the Mexico City and Michoacan and Colima states. It triggered landslides and affected mobile phone services in Colima.
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- Strong quake jolts Mexico - Mar 21, 2012
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no casualties - Apr 12, 2012
- China quake kills 64, injures over 700 (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- 35 injured, 64,500 affected in China quake (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Quake hits Taiwan - Nov 22, 2010
- Magnitude 6.3 earthquake strikes off Sumatra island, Indonesia - May 29, 2011
- Earthquake in northeast - Jul 15, 2012
- Quake jolts Philippines - Aug 30, 2011
- Magnitude 6.5 earthquake jolts China, Russia border (Lead) - Feb 18, 2010
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Iran earthquake toll rises to 306 dead, more than 3,000 injured - Aug 14, 2012
- Quake hits Indonesia's Sumatra island - Aug 23, 2011
- 300 killed in twin quakes in Iran (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012