Qatar to have second highest per capita income: reportJuly 31st, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, July 31 (IANS) The Gulf nation of Qatar will have the second highest per capita income in the world by 2009, next only to Luxembourg, according to a new report. Per capita income in Qatar will cross $100,000 a year, according to the Bahrain-based investment bank Gulf Finance House’s (GFH) Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Economic Outlook for the third quarter of 2008.
The report attributed the reason for this rise in income to increased oil and gas revenues.
Production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in Qatar is expected to touch 39 million tonnes per annum by the end of this year, making the Gulf nation the largest producer and exporter of LNG in the world, the report said.
- Gilani arrives in Qatar Monday - Feb 06, 2012
- Gilani to talk Afghan peace in Qatar (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Qatari emir to visit India, with gas sale, investment on agenda - Mar 04, 2012
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- India, Qatar to hold talks: Oil, Taliban on agenda - Apr 04, 2012
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Iran to export natural gas to India, Oman - Sep 25, 2011
- 'Gulf economic boom has finally ended' - Jan 20, 2009
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012
- Bangladesh signs LNG import deal with Qatar - Jan 17, 2011
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil and gas pact - Apr 09, 2012