Qatar Keralites to release film on elderlyMarch 23rd, 2011 - 1:17 pm ICT by ANI
Doha, Mar.23 (ANI): The expatriate Keralite community in Qatar will release a short film on elderly people for the Qatari audience.
The film entitled Nanama Niranja Umma, meaning ‘Virtues of a Mother’, is in Malyalam language and will premiere in Doha on Thursday.
The short film focuses on how some people maltreat their aged parents.
Speaking to mediapersons in Doha, director of the film, Ashraf Peringadi, said the purpose of making the film was to draw the public’s attention to the way parents are treated in society.
He said home cinema, a film with a message, is gaining popularity in society.
“Home cinema is a new trend in the visual storytelling arena that takes a distinctive path between the theatre cinema and tele films,” The Gulf News quoted Peringadi, as saying.
The President of the Indian Cultural Centre, (ICC) KM Varghese, said that despite many challenges the home cinema initiative has been a huge success. Most parts of the film have been shot in Kerala and expatriates in Qatar have played active role in it. (ANI)
- Indians in Qatar make film on how to treat parents - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Indian pays 'blood money' to save four counrtymen in Saudi Arabia - Mar 21, 2011
- Qatari women delaying marriage for career - Jan 07, 2011
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- India, Qatar to hold talks: Oil, Taliban on agenda - Apr 04, 2012
- Gilani gets to see ancestor's manuscripts in Qatar - Feb 08, 2012
- Gilani arrives in Qatar Monday - Feb 06, 2012
- Gilani to talk Afghan peace in Qatar (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- You cannot cheat today's audiences: Revathy (Interview) - May 04, 2012
- Qatar pledges to invest $4 bn in Spain - Mar 01, 2011
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- Pakistan denies Gilani meeting with Taliban in Qatar - Feb 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,