Qatar Airways to fly to KozhikodeJune 9th, 2008 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, June 9 (IANS) Qatar’s national carrier Qatar Airways will be adding Kozhikode in Kerala to its list of Indian destinations from June 15. “Our new route to Kozhikode further demonstrates our commitment to India and we are extremely pleased to see the route selling well with just a week to go for the launch,” Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker said in a statement.
The new daily flights will depart the Qatari capital of Doha at 11:10 p.m. local time and reach Kozhikode at 6 a.m. The return flight will take off from Kozhikode at 7 a.m. and land in Doha at 8:45 a.m.
Al Baker said India remained one of the airline’s fastest-growing markets.
“Our new flights take our capacity into India up to 58 flights a week spread across nine cities, including New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Nagpur and Hyderabad,” he said.
A large number of the 200,000-strong expatriate Indian community in the Gulf nation hails from Kerala.
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Qatar Airways to start Kolkata operations July 27 - Mar 10, 2011
- Qatar Airways doubles its fleet - Mar 04, 2010
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- Qatar Airways to use synthetic fuel blend - Nov 23, 2011
- Qatar Airways pilot dies in flight - Oct 14, 2010
- Three CPI-M leaders allege ill-treatment at Doha airport - Apr 29, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' - Apr 07, 2012
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Qatar Airways to fly to Kozhikode from June 15 - Apr 23, 2008
- Qatar Keralites to release film on elderly - Mar 23, 2011
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- Qatar Airways to start Doha-Amritsar flights - Jun 11, 2009
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, airline, chennai, chief executive, doha, flights, fly, hyderabad, indian destinations, kerala, kochi, launch, local time, mumbai, nagpur, national carrier, New Delhi, qatar airways, return flight, thiruvananthapuram