Qantas awarded for ‘best cellars in the sky’February 8th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 8 (ANI): Australia based airline, Qantas, has been voted as having the best onboard wine, scooping the top honours during a worldwide airline competition.
Qantas took out Best First Class Cellar and Best Business Class Cellar at the 2010 ‘Cellars in the Sky Awards’ in London, reports the Herald Sun.
Run by Business Traveller magazine, a record number of airlines took part in the awards, which celebrate the best wines served in Business and First Class flights.
Collecting a total of six awards out of 15, Qantas dominated the competition, winning awards for Consistency of Wines Across Business and First Class, Best First Class White, First Class Red, and First Class Sparkling.
Other winners included Air New Zealand, which won two awards for Best Business Class Red and Best-presented Wine List, and American Airlines, which won an award for Best Business Class White.
Five judges took part in blind taste tests over two days to score the wines and determine the best offerings in both First Class and Business Class. (ANI)
- Jet bags top award for serving best champagne, wines - Aug 05, 2010
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- Brits 'can't differentiate between cheap plonk and fine wine' - Apr 14, 2011
- Most wine drinkers can't tell the cheap from expensive - Apr 14, 2011
- After automobiles, Germany woos India with wines - Aug 08, 2012
- South Korea's Asiana named World's Best Airline - May 21, 2010
- Qantas A380 Flight Service Returns To Normalcy - Nov 27, 2010
- Hello Kitty Wines To Come To The Marketplace - Apr 01, 2010
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Cathay Pacific named World's best airline - Apr 06, 2009
- Despite problems of matching, India's wine industry booming - Feb 05, 2012
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Russia's S7 Airlines to join oneworld alliance in November - Sep 25, 2010
- Strawberry Wine Wins Gold - Apr 21, 2009
- What Manmohan would get to eat at Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: air new zealand, airline competition, american airlines, australia, best business class, best cellars, blind taste tests, business traveller magazine, consistency, first class flights, herald sun, honours, melbourne, offerings, qantas, sky, sun run, wine list, wines, worldwide airline