Putin to deepen cooperation with India, ChinaJuly 10th, 2012 - 9:21 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 10 (IANS) President Vladimir Putin has listed India and China among his foreign policy priorities and vowed to deepen cooperation with the two emerging powers, Xinhua reported.
Addressing Russian diplomats and envoys here Monday, Putin noted that strategic and practical interaction with China was of great importance.
“We will pay careful attention to deepening all forms of cooperation with the Chinese partners, including coordination of our actions on the international agenda,” Xinhua Putin said.
Russia also intends to foster ties with other emerging Asian countries who are gaining political weight, “first of all our longtime partner and friend, India,” said Putin.
Putin also acknowledged that Russia did not pay enough attention to Latin American and African countries in the past, and vowed to strengthen ties with those partners.
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- West's Syria policy could backfire: Putin - Sep 07, 2012
- Putin calls for closer economic ties with China - Oct 12, 2011
- Russia slams West over Syria allegations - Jul 20, 2012
- Russia seeks faster trade growth with Italy - Jul 24, 2012
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Russia to build up Northern Sea naval presence - Nov 08, 2011
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
- China no threat to Russia: Putin - Oct 18, 2011
- Russia supports Annan's mediation efforts on Syria : Putin - Jul 18, 2012
- Putin warns against ignoring nationalism - Aug 25, 2012
- Russia, China veto West's UN draft resolution on Syria (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet at G20 summit in June - May 30, 2012
- Biden invites Putin to visit US - Apr 22, 2011
- Russia, China want fairer global economy: Lavrov - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: african countries, asian countries, careful attention, chinese partners, coordination, foreign policy, forms of cooperation, india china, interaction, international agenda, latin american, longtime partner, moscow, policy priorities, president vladimir putin, russia, russian diplomats, ties, vladimir putin, xinhua