Putin calls for closer economic ties with ChinaOctober 12th, 2011 - 4:09 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 12 (IANS) Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin Tuesday gave a call for closer economic ties with China, saying the two countries share a lot of common interests, Xinhua reported.
Putin is undertaking a two-day visit to China for the 16th regular meeting between the two countries’ prime ministers.
“To gain more room in the international market, we need to make joint efforts to push our cooperation to a new high,” Putin said in an interview with Chinese media after talks with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao in Beijing.
Putin said the cooperation between China and Russia is “comprehensive and diversified”, involving energy, finance, technology and machinery.
In terms of energy cooperation, Putin said Russia and China are cooperating not only in the supply of oil and natural gas, but also in joint exploration and exploitation.
Putin said Russia is also cooperating with China in nuclear energy.
“We are all aware of the tragedy of nuclear leaks in Fukushima, Japan. But it is impossible for such big countries as Russia and China to do without nuclear energy, so we cannot just shut down nuclear power plants,” Putin said.
“The key is to improve the facilities through researches,” he added.
- Chinese, Russian PMs pledge closer cooperation - Oct 11, 2011
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Chinese PM to visit Russia - Nov 06, 2011
- Vladimir Putin begins China visit - Jun 05, 2012
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan, China to strengthen economic, defence ties - Nov 08, 2011
- Ireland, China to have closer cooperation - Mar 28, 2012
- Wen urges cooperation to address trade imbalance with US - Mar 14, 2012
- India announces PM's visit to Russia Dec 15-17 - Dec 08, 2011
- 'China to safely develop n-power' (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Putin to deepen cooperation with India, China - Jul 10, 2012
- China signs deal for 50 Airbus planes - Aug 30, 2012
- Chinese premier meets Nepal president, PM (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Chinese PM urges poverty reduction - May 27, 2012
Tags: china beijing, chinese media, chinese premier wen jiabao, common interests, economic ties, energy cooperation, energy finance, finance technology, fukushima japan, leaks, natural gas, nuclear energy, nuclear power plants, premier wen jiabao, prime ministers, researches, russian prime minister, vladimir putin, wen jiabao, xinhua