Public support for Sharif over Benazir soars: Outlook-Gallup surveyNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:04 am ICT by admin
Around 53 per cent of people in Pakistan are opposed to the much-touted Musharraf-Benazir deal, the survey revealed.
Benazir has defeated Sharif only in Karachi in popularity ranking, revealed the survey conducted in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
President General Pervez Musharraf came third followed by cricketer turned politician Imran Khan, Jamaat-e-Islami chief Qazi Hussain and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam president Maullana Fazlur Rehman.
A majority of respondents condemned the October 18 attack on PPP rally in Karachi and favoured Sharif-led alliance over Benazir-led alliance for the forthcoming general elections.
Around 50 per cent of people voted against Musharraf keeping both the offices, while only 35 per cent support him to continue as President after doffing his uniform, the survey states.
The Outlook is a leading opinion magazine, which conducted the survey, in collaboration with Gallup, in its latest issue. (ANI)
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- Musharraf's arrest warrant issued for 'third time' in Benazir murder case - Mar 05, 2011
- Pakistan taps Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Mar 01, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Defence lawyer fails to appear in Benazir Bhutto case - Aug 27, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak not pursuing Musharraf's extradition from UK: Rehman Malik - Feb 23, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Musharraf warrant valid till compliance: Pakistan to Interpol - May 21, 2012
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: benazir bhutto, chief qazi, cricketer, forthcoming general, gallup survey, general elections, general pervez musharraf, imran khan, jamiat, karachi, opinion magazine, popularity vote, president general, rawalpindi, rehman, sharif, turned politician