Provincial Chinese doctors victims of sex, lies and briberyMay 28th, 2009 - 3:34 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, May 28 (ANI): A provincial hospital in China’s Jiangsu Province has had to take the extraordinary step of publicly denying that any of its staff were infected with HIV, following a rumor circulated on the Internet about doctors being infected with HIV/AIDS after sex with a pharmaceutical sales woman.
The rumor was so widely published online that the hospital’s reputation has been severely damaged.
The hospital said they knew the netizen who fueled the rumor. The man was once a patient in the hospital’s urology unit and was unpleased with his treatment, the China Daily quoted them, as saying.
The China Youth Daily newspaper reported that police briefly detained this man, who was one of a number of netizens who posted messages on Xici.net.
After being released by police, the netizen posted an apology on the same forum in which he said the rumor was groundless and imaginary.
Despite the hospital’s statement and the netizen’s admission, there continues to be accusations of bribery in the medical sector.
“The incident shows the deteriorated relationship between doctors and patients. Citizens just don’t trust the medical sector,” Huang Jun, former president of Jiangsu provincial hospital told the China Youth Daily.
Yin Kaisheng, a respiratory disease doctor at Jiangsu provincial hospital, said medical bribery existed at many hospitals. (ANI)
- Red light over China's erring staff to check graft - Jan 17, 2011
- Lack of syringes hits Himachal's HIV tests - Oct 13, 2011
- Patient takes revenge on hospital for 'ruined' sex - May 14, 2012
- 29 infected with TB in Chinese school - Jun 06, 2012
- First ever pill to beat HIV under FDA consideration - May 10, 2012
- HIV-infected teens 'at high risk for pregnancy, complications' - Feb 02, 2011
- Chinese bank opens two branches in Pakistan - May 21, 2011
- Five get organs from man with HIV - Sep 30, 2011
- Wrong treatment leads to Hepatitis C cases in China - Mar 03, 2012
- Accidental needle jab passes on HIV to doctor - Dec 16, 2010
- China facing rising infertility levels: experts - Nov 08, 2010
- Cure for AIDS a step closer - Jul 26, 2012
- Liver-related problems found among Goa HIV patients: Study - Apr 20, 2011
- Beware! You may be more vulnerable to hepatitis than you think (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 27, 2012
- Human trials under way for new HIV vaccine - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: accusations, admission, apology, beijing, bribery, china daily, china youth, chinese doctors, former president, hiv, hiv aids, jiangsu province, medical sector, netizen, netizens, pharmaceutical sales, provincial hospital, reputation, respiratory disease, urology