Prosecutors quiz Mubarak, wifeMay 12th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, May 12 (IANS/AKI) Egyptian prosecutors Thursday questioned former president Hosni Mubarak and his wife Suzanne while still under detention in hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, the Al-Arabiya TV channel reported.
The 82-year-old Mubarak has been under detention in hospital since mid-April after he suffered two heart attacks.
Mubarak was Tuesday sent to custody for another 15 days as the prosecutors continue interrogating him over charges of corruption and sanctioning killing of protesters during the three-week uprising that led to his ouster Feb 11 after 30 years in power.
Since Mubarak stepped down, he has been in Sharm el-Sheikh, although prosecutors have considered moving him to Cairo’s Tora prison.
His two sons Alaa and Gamal, along with other key officials from the Mubarak regime, have been detained at the Cairo jail since April on charges of corruption.
Mubarak’s wife Suzanne faces accusations of profiteering, especially regarding accounts linked to the Alexandria Library as well as siphoning money from the annual Reading for All Festival.
She allegedly also received gold ingots from former minister of information, Anas El-Fiqi.
- Egypt sets up committee to re-check Mubarak's health - May 20, 2011
- 'Mubarak not terminally ill' - Apr 14, 2011
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Mubarak, two sons detained for 15 days (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak has second heart attack after being detained (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak hospitalised during questioning: state TV (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trial - Aug 03, 2011
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Former first lady Suzanne Mubarak detained for 15 days in Egypt - May 14, 2011
- Egypt mulls transferring Mubarak to prison hospital - Apr 22, 2011
- Mubarak's sons questioned over violence against protesters, corruption allegations - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak detained for 15 days - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak's wife hands over property to state - May 17, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak to be moved to prison hospital - Apr 25, 2011
- Mubarak declines food, becomes 'extremely weak' - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: accusations, al arabiya, al arabiya tv, al arabiya tv channel, alexandria library, cairo, dg, former president, gold ingots, heart attacks, hosni mubarak, ouster, president hosni mubarak, prosecutors, protesters, red sea resort, sharm el sheikh, tora, uprising, wife suzanne