Prosecutor in Malegaon blast case gets threat to life

November 15th, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS  

Nashik, Nov 15 (IANS) Special public prosecutor Ajay Misar, appearing for the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of the Maharashtra police in the Malegaon bomb blast case, Saturday lodged a complaint with the police here that he has received threat to his life.Misar in his complaint told city police chief Himanshu Roy that the threat call received from a public phone booth, with number 699132, said: “Hum tumhara, Hemant Karkare (Mumbai joint police commissioner in-charge of the ATS) ka aur Mohan Kulkarni (senior ATS officer) ka game karenge (We will kill you, Hemant Karkare and Mohan Kulkarni).”

As many as 12 hardline Hindutva activists, including Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, Lt. Col Prasad Purohit and self-proclaimed Shankaracharya Dayanand Pandey have so far been arrested by the Maharashtra ATS for their alleged involvement in the Sep 29 Malegaon bomb blast in which six people were killed.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe