Prophet never declared himself above law: Pakistan chief justiceFebruary 12th, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 12 (IANS) Pakistani Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said the holy Prophet never declared himself above the law and his practice was not mere private conduct but a detailed interpretation and application of his teachings.
He said this while addressing a conference Saturday at the Supreme Court premises organised by the Supreme Court Bar Association for celebrating the arrival of the last of the great messengers of almighty Allah, Geo News reported.
The emergence of Islam, said the chief justice, was a great leap forward for mankind, a great setback to ignorance, a big bang of enlightenment, a practical realisation of the ideals and a reform movement the fruits of which have benefited every soul.
It was a miracle, brought about by one man with the revelation which Allah had revealed to him, he said.
The chief justice further said “what the Prophet Muhammad achieved in his lifetime against heavy odds, and the change which he brought in the lives of the Arabs, was not short of a miracle”.
But the impact of his reforms and teachings did not remain confined to the borders of Arabia, the chief justice added.
It spread far and wide in all directions after him. The holy Prophet not only brought a political and social change, he also brought a revolution in thoughts.
- Chakdara press club urges Pak Chief Justice to ban footballs inscribed with 'Allah' - Nov 28, 2010
- Pakistan apex court chief justice to be honoured - Apr 29, 2012
- Court suspends Rehman Malik's Senate membership - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistan Chief Justice urged not to hear son's case - Jun 07, 2012
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan's judiciary: Chief Justice - Feb 07, 2011
- Pakistan gets acting chief justice - May 28, 2012
- PPP leader accuses judiciary of being biased against Zulfikar Bhutto - May 04, 2011
- Pakistan tycoon dares apex court chief justice - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan court suspends MP over dual citizenship - May 25, 2012
- Allegations against CJI aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran - Jun 14, 2012
- Allegations against Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- No room for terrorism in Islam: Saudi Arab Grand Mufti - Nov 16, 2010
- Pakistan chief justice summons son over graft reports - Jun 06, 2012
- Malik claims ignorance of Pakistan chief justice's son case - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: almighty allah, arabs, big bang, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, court premises, emergence, enlightenment, geo news, great leap, holy prophet, iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, islamabad, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, mankind, messengers, private conduct, prophet muhammad, setback, supreme court bar