Probe launched against HIV-infected US sergeantAugust 28th, 2010 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 28 (IANS) Authorities in the US have launched a probe against an Air Force sergeant infected with HIV for allegedly failing to inform a “multitude of sexual partners” about his medical status, a media report said.
The Air Force Office of Special Investigations launched a criminal probe after receiving information that Sgt. David Gutierrez, 43, “engaged in numerous, unprotected sexual acts over the course of three years”, Fox News reported Friday.
Gutierrez, stationed at the McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita, was apprehended Aug 9 for allegedly violating the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Investigators then searched his home to “identify potential witnesses and victims”.
Gutierrez’s wife, Gina, later told officials that the military veteran contracted HIV in 2007 while he was stationed in Italy. She said Gutierrez notified his partners in Italy about possible exposure but did not do so after he was reassigned to the Air Force Base in 2008.
Gutierrez was addicted to adult networking websites and “began having unprotected sex with numerous partners” at parties in Kansas, she said.
- HIV positive American airman 'had unprotected sex with 11 people' - Sep 22, 2010
- US military instructor jailed for rape - Jul 22, 2012
- Court martial begins in US military base sex scandal - Jul 17, 2012
- Eight US soldiers charged over death of fellow trooper - Dec 22, 2011
- Air Force Official Gets 20 Months Military Prison Term, Dishonorable Discharge Over Sexual Misconduct - Jan 29, 2011
- Facebook blackmailers target 100 gay priests in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- HIV spreading among China's elderly: 80-year-old infected - Aug 06, 2011
- Bangladesh mass sentencing condemned - Jun 19, 2012
- Witness to violence makes women prone to risky sex: Study - May 11, 2012
- Pennsylvania National Guard soldier killed in off-duty accident - Mar 19, 2010
- UK's HIV awareness campaign issues warning to World Cup fans - Jul 17, 2010
- Wichita, Kansas man sentenced for arson at apartment complex - Feb 19, 2010
- Antony seeks report on pay-off in Italian chopper deal - Apr 25, 2012
- Brit man jailed for infecting girlfriend with HIV - Sep 01, 2010
- WWE Smackdown: Sin Cara vs Daniel Bryan - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: air force base, air force office, air force office of special investigations, air force sergeant, criminal probe, david gutierrez, fox news, having unprotected sex, hiv, investigators, mcconnell air force, mcconnell air force base, medical status, military veteran, multitude, office of special investigations, sexual acts, sexual partners, sgt, uniform code of military justice