Pro-Taliban militants siege police post in SwatNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:59 am ICT by admin
Meanwhile, in Charbagh village near Mingora local Taliban has besieged a police post after which security forces and Taliban took positions in the area.
Security forces fired over local Taliban in Kabal bazaar increasing tension in the area.
Police and paramilitary troops set up security posts and bunkers protected by sandbags near Frontier House in Kabal, a small town near Mingora.
Meanwhile, militants quit police post in Charbagh village and returned to their hideouts, sources said. Local Taliban have also ended siege of Shahdera police post in tehsil Kabal after talks with Nazim of Shahdera Iftikhar Khan and local notables.
The main bazaar in Kabal was closed, the town was tense and residents were told not to venture out of their homes, although no curfew has officially been declared, The News reported.
Earlier, Pro-Taliban militants beheaded two more security personnel and killed seven civilians in apparent reprisals for an army attack in Mingora, the district headquarters of Swat the NWFP.
A spokesman for pro-Taliban cleric Maulana Fazlullah warned that there would be no peace in Swat until enforcement of Islamic rule.
The decapitated bodies of four security personnel were found on October 26.
“Two more policemen were beheaded on Saturday and also seven civilians,” NWFP Home Secretary Badshah Gul Wazir said.
Wazir described the executions as a militant ploy to “terrorise” the people. (ANI)
- Taliban's beheading expert running slaughter chamber nabbed in Swat - Sep 17, 2009
- Pak woman claims Taliban 'publicly lashed' her over adultery allegations - Dec 01, 2010
- Two militant commanders nabbed in Pakistan - Sep 23, 2009
- Army kills seven militants in Pakistan - Nov 18, 2008
- Swat Taliban paying mercenaries 'blood money' to "behead" policemen - May 29, 2009
- Six militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 31, 2009
- Tension grows in Swat as Taliban goes on looting spree - Apr 28, 2009
- Pakistan Army kills 10 militants in Swat Valley - Oct 31, 2008
- 21 more Taliban fighters killed in Swat, Lower Dir: ISPR - Jul 25, 2009
- Pro-Taliban cleric Sufi Muhammad arrested in Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- Swat Taliban's deputy commander seriously injured - Jun 24, 2009
- Suicide bombing kills 10, injures 20 in Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- Militant violence leaves 15 dead in Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 21, 2008
- Three killed, 11 missing after Afghan attack - Apr 26, 2012
- Top pro-Taliban cleric faces treason charge in Pakistan - Aug 02, 2009
Tags: army attack, bazaar, besieged, civilians, decapitated bodies, district headquarters, islamic rule, kabal, maulana, militants, nazim, nwfp, paramilitary troops, police post, sandbags, security forces, security personnel, security posts, swat, taliban