Princess Di’s driver’s blood test ‘wasn’t verified’August 9th, 2010 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 9 (ANI): The blood test on the body of Princess Diana’s driver, who was officially blamed for her death because he was drunk, was never verified, it has emerged.
Chauffeur Henri Paul was claimed to be three times over the French drink-drive limit on the night the Princess and her lover Dodi Fayed died in a car smash in a Paris tunnel on August 31, 1997.
But the blood tested was never verified as coming from Paul, and the toxicologist refused to do further tests on samples, which DNA checks proved, were from Paul.
The hearing, therefore, was flawed, claimed in a new 700-page book, which reveals scores of statements and documents for the first time.
Author John Morgan who wrote ‘Diana Inquest: The Documents The Jury Never Saw,’ has alleged the inquest was “major judicial censorship”.
Two crucial French witnesses, pathologist Professor Dominique Lecomte and toxicologist Dr Gilbert Pepin, who dealt with the bodies, refused to give evidence.
A total of eight statements they made to police were never provided to the jury, according to Morgan’s book.
“The jury were not even allowed to see the post-mortem reports. That was outrageous,” The Daily Express quoted Morgan as saying.
A “Receipt of Cadaver” form was also withheld from the jury. It contained the height and weight measurements for a second body, which could not have been Henri Paul.
“At one point, Dr Pepin said it would ‘take the Queen of England’ to order the tests.”
He said the evidence did not provide any proof that Henri Paul had been drinking. (ANI)
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Di crash investigators fined over legal delays, bungles - Oct 24, 2009
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- Di inquest thrown into chaos over paparazzi's refusal to testify - Nov 14, 2007
- Di drivers blood count level biologically inexplicable - Jan 23, 2008
- Key French forensic experts not to testify in Di's inquest - Nov 14, 2007
- Brit man on dance drug dies after downing pint of vodka in 4 seconds - Sep 30, 2010
- Dis driver Henri Paul not drunk: Parents - Feb 05, 2008
- Dis chauffer took too many risks while driving - Mar 12, 2008
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
Tags: author john, cadaver, daily express, diana inquest, dr gilbert, french drink, height and weight, henri paul, john morgan, lecomte, paris tunnel, pepin, post mortem, princess di, princess diana, queen of england, s driver, time author, toxicologist, weight measurements