Princess Anne in helicopter fire scareNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:52 am ICT by admin
Princess Anne was about to leave Denbigh High School in North Wales where she was using the grounds to board the aircraft.
A spokesman for the North Wales Fire and Rescue said that a fire had broken out, and that it had been brought under control by the department.
“North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to deal with reports of a helicopter on fire in the grounds of Denbigh High School at 1440 on Monday, October 8,” The Sun quoted the spokesman, as saying.
“Passengers were aboard the helicopter when the fire broke out.
“Passengers were evacuated from the aircraft, and the pilot used a carbon dioxide extinguisher to tackle the fire.
“On arrival, crews checked the helicopter to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.
“The fire appears to have been started by an electrical fault in the starter motor.”
However, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said that there had been no fire.
“We have spoken to the pilot and as far as we are concerned there was no fire,” he said.
“The princess and members of her party were on board and they continued their official engagement by car.”
The princess continued her visit by car. (ANI)
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
- Qantas' woes continue as 'scary' cockpit fire forces Sydney-bound jet to divert to Cairns - Mar 24, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Russian helicopter crashes in southwestern Turkey, killing 5 - Aug 12, 2012
- British PM to gift book to royal couple - Apr 28, 2011
- Four Americans killed in Bahamas plane crash - Mar 27, 2012
- Fire in Indian Navy chopper; 13 on board safe - Dec 12, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- British chopper crashes at sea - May 10, 2012
- William, Kate to stay out of public life for two years - Jan 24, 2011
- Another Qantas plane grounded in Australia following engine failure - Nov 28, 2010
- Helicopter crash in south-central Indonesia kills 2 - Sep 26, 2011
- One killed after small plane crashes in Las Vegas - Sep 07, 2010
- Cargo plane crashes in Karachi, eight dead (Second Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Will-Kate stay back in London, delay honeymoon - May 01, 2011
Tags: buckingham palace, carbon dioxide, denbigh high school, electrical fault, fire broke, helicopter, north wales fire and rescue, north wales fire and rescue service, october 8, pilot, princess anne, princess royal, spokesman, starter motor