Prince William to wed Kate Middleton next year, say bookiesAugust 14th, 2010 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 14 (ANI): Prince William is likely to tie knot with long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton next year, it has emerged.
The likelihood of the couple marrying next year is so high that bookmakers have stopped taking bets on them tying the knot.
Instead, bookies are asking punters to decide which month is favourable for the royal wedding.
So far, June is tops with odds of 1/2, closely followed by July at 3/1.
September, October, November and December are the least likely months, with odds of 10/1.
Royal commentators are also speculating where a wedding will take place and St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle has been reportedly earmarked as a possible venue.
“I think Kate’s a summer bride, so I believe they will marry in July,” the Daily Express quoted Former royal butler Paul Burrell as saying.
Royal author Hugo Vickers also said: “July is a good time because formal engagements like the Queen’s Official Birthday are out of the way.”
But others say June is better because it would deflect attention away from the 30th anniversary of Charles and Diana’s wedding on July 29, 1981.
William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said: “Almost every bet we have taken in the last six months suggests a 2011 wedding and as a result we have decided that the market is no longer viable.
“It is now simply a question of which month and where they are going on honeymoon.”
Clarence House refused to comment. (ANI)
- Bookies predict Prince William, Kate Middleton will marry next year - Nov 08, 2010
- Horse named Royal Wedding wins race - Apr 30, 2011
- Horse called Royal Wedding wins race just hours after Prince William wed - Apr 30, 2011
- Prince William Likely To Get Hitched With Kate Middleton In 2011 - Nov 13, 2010
- Saturday August 13 is bookies favourite for Prince William's big day - Nov 17, 2010
- Phillipa Lepley is tipped to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress - Nov 20, 2010
- Bookies slash odds of Wills- Middleton summer engagement - Apr 08, 2010
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Prince William 'to marry Kate Middleton in private' - Jul 11, 2010
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- Brit brewery unveils 'Windsor Knot' beer in honour of Royal wedding - Mar 30, 2011
- Will-Kate baby in 2012? Bet on it, Bob - Dec 30, 2011
- WillKat wedding helped palace earn 42 mn pounds - Jul 27, 2011
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Price William to marry girlfriend in November? - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: 30th anniversary, bookies, charles and diana, clarence house, commentators, daily express, engagements, girlfriend kate, hugo vickers, kate middleton, likelihood, paul burrell, prince william, royal wedding, rupert, st george, time girlfriend, tying the knot, william hill, windsor castle