Prince William to wear military uniform for weddingFebruary 1st, 2011 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 1 (ANI): Prince William is expected to follow royal tradition and walk down the aisle in military dress - like his father Prince Charles and uncle Prince Andrew - with his RAF uniform likely to be the one selected.
It is reported that the Savile Row tailors Gieves & Hawkes, which already supplies suits to the royal, has been chosen to make the outfit.
“Prince William did have the option to wear a normal suit but has decided to wear a military uniform, the Daily Mail quoted a source, as telling Hello.
“He will decide in due course which one he will choose,” the source added.
The starting price for a Gieves & Hawkes RAF uniform is 2,800 pounds, can take up to 10 weeks to make and will involve at least two sittings.
Over the decades, many royal men have married in military uniform with the prince’s father and grandfather, the Prince of Wales and Duke of Edinburgh respectively, both marrying in Royal Navy dress.
William, however, is an RAF officer serving as a helicopter pilot with the Search and Rescue Force at RAF Valley in Anglesey, North Wales.
It is expected that he will choose to wear the RAF uniform in recognition of his present role.
William is a Knight of the Order of the Garter, and is likely to wear the Order’s blue sash, with its attached badge and star, on his wedding day.
He has received one military honour and will proudly wear his Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal. (ANI)
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- British PM to gift book to royal couple - Apr 28, 2011
- Prince William has 'no desire to become king' - Nov 28, 2010
- No royal residence for Prince William, Kate Middleton after wedding - Nov 17, 2010
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William to be based at RAF Valley on Anglesey as fully operational co-pilot - Apr 15, 2010
- Wills-Kate to stay without butlers or servants after marriage - Dec 28, 2010
- Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal life - Apr 25, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Duchess of Cambridge takes up life as wife of an RAF pilot - May 04, 2011
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- William's pals to stage special fly-past on wedding day - Nov 22, 2010
- David Cameron to 'shun morning suit tails' at royal wedding - Apr 19, 2011
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: anglesey north wales, daily mail, duke of edinburgh, gieves, golden jubilee medal, helicopter pilot, london feb, military dress, military honour, military uniform, order of the garter, prince andrew, prince charles, prince of wales, prince william, raf officer, raf valley, royal navy, royal tradition, savile row tailors