Prince William ‘not to wear wedding ring’ after he marries KateApril 1st, 2011 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 1 (ANI): Prince William has decided not to wear a wedding ring following his marriage to Kate Middleton, according to palace officials.
Senior royal sources said the Prince discussed the issue with his fiancee but has chosen not to.
“It is simply down to personal preference,” the Daily Mail quoted an aide, as saying.
William’s decision not to sport a wedding band is likely to cause some surprise, however, as it is so commonplace nowadays.
But a St James’s Palace aide insisted that it was a decision that Middleton was happy with.
“It was something the couple discussed but Prince William isn’t one for jewellery - he doesn’t even wear a signet ring - and decided he didn’t want to. It really is just down to personal preference,” said the officials.
“Catherine will wear a ring fashioned from a lump of Welsh gold owned by the Royal Family that has been smelted down. The couple has both had a hand in the design. This is the ring Prince Harry will carry and hand over in the traditional way,” they added.
“It is quite common for men in that strata of society not to wear a traditional wedding band. If they do, they tend to wear it with their family signet ring but William doesn’t have one of those,” another source added. (ANI)
- Prince William And Kate Middleton's Engagement Photos Released Officially - Dec 13, 2010
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
- Will-Kat to spend royal wedding eve dusk away from each other - Apr 27, 2011
- Diana's ring made smaller to fit Kate's finger - Apr 13, 2011
- Royal wedding will have just traditional hymns, no Elton John, James Blunt - Mar 16, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's post royal wedding party plans scare palace aides - Apr 28, 2011
- William gets manicure, haircut for wedding - Apr 28, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents will become 'royal in-laws' post wedding - Nov 25, 2010
- Will Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton end up as a couple? - May 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wants a royal wedding - Aug 05, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Wills, Kate wedding memorabilia up for grabs, but sans couple's pics on it - Dec 20, 2010
- Kate Middleton pregnant? - Sep 06, 2012
- Three anti-royalists held ahead of Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: april 1, daily mail, fiancee, jewellery, kate middleton, london, marriage, personal preference, prince harry, prince william, royal family, signet ring, st james, strata, surprise, traditional wedding, wedding band, wedding ring, welsh gold