Prince William, Kate Middleton’s wedding reception to have just 300 guestsJanuary 10th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 10 (ANI): The wedding reception of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Buckingham Palace will have just 300 guests attending, with both given permission to invite just 100 each.
According to the Mail on Sunday, the lavish dinner and dance, which will be hosted by Prince Charles after their wedding on April 29, is proving to be a tough challenge for the pair, as they can’t chose whom to invite or leave out.
“The evening reception will be the most exclusive part of the day and it’s the invite everyone wants,” the Daily Mail quoted a palace aide as saying.
“The couple have so many friends that it is proving a real challenge trying to get the numbers down. They are really struggling,” the aide stated.
The couple can invite just a hundred each, while Charles and Camilla invite another hundred.
A tentative guess as to who will make the guest list was put forward by the Mail on Sunday, and it includes:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex, and Prince Harry.
Earl Spencer, Prince William’s uncle and brother of Princess Diana, Lady Jane Fellowes, sister of Princess Diana, Sarah McCorquodale, sister of Princess Diana, and husband Neil Edmund McCorquodale.
Tom Parker Bowles, son of the Duchess of Cornwall, and wife Sara Parker Bowles, Laura Parker Bowles, daughter of the Duchess of Cornwall, and husband Harry Lopes.
Tiggy Legge-Bourke, William’s former nanny and husband Charles Pettifer.
Michael and Carole Middleton, Kate’s parents, owners of Party Pieces, James Middleton, Kate’s brother, and Pippa Middleton, Kate’s sister. (ANI)
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Just like dad, Prince William too is marrying his 'nanny'! - Nov 19, 2010
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend - Jun 11, 2012
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton to overtake Diana to become world's most talked-about woman - Apr 19, 2011
- Official wedding pics hint Will-Kat's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's - May 01, 2011
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Princess Diana's Engagement Ring, From Harry to Kate, via Prince William - Nov 18, 2010
- Will-Kat danced their way to post wedding reception! - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Over 1,900 people invited to William's wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- Royal outcaste Fergie to get invited to Will and Kate's wedding - Jan 23, 2011
- Diana's funeral hymn to be first sung at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: daily mail, duchess of cornwall, duke of edinburgh, earl spencer, lady jane fellowes, laura parker bowles, mail on sunday, pippa middleton, prince charles and the duchess, prince edward and sophie, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, prince william kate middleton, princess diana, sara parker, sarah mccorquodale, sophie wessex, tiggy legge bourke, tom parker bowles, william and kate