Prince William behind Tony Blair wedding snub due to personal hatred?April 29th, 2011 - 3:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 29 (ANI): A prominent historian has claimed that former British Prime Minister Tony Blair was not invited to Friday’s royal wedding because Prince William dislikes the politician and not of political things.
“I think the plain truth is that for all sorts of reasons, (Prince) William developed a powerful dislike of Mr Blair,” David Starkey told Sky News during a debate on the monarchy.
“Particularly the way in which he intervened at his mother’s funeral service. These are not political at all, they are personal choices,” he said.
Neither Blair nor his Labour successor Gordon Brown was invited to the wedding.
However, former Conservative premiers Sir John Major and Baroness Thatcher were invited for the wedding. (ANI)
- Blair, Brown not invited to Wills-Kat wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Not offended for not being invited to wedding: Blair - Apr 29, 2011
- Brown Britain's third worst PM since WW II - Aug 03, 2010
- German mag condemns 'over-hyped' Wills-Kat wedding, calls it a 'joke' - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton to be given diplomacy lessons - Feb 09, 2011
- Blair sought Fergie's 'hairdryer treatment' advice to deal with 'troublesome' Brown - Sep 02, 2010
- Gordon Brown voted third worst Prime Minister since World War II by academics - Aug 03, 2010
- Blair plotted to stop Brown from succeeding him as British PM: Report - Aug 29, 2010
- Gordon Brown's allies call Blair's criticism 'one-sided' - Sep 02, 2010
- How Brown used Sarkozy to wreck Blair's dream of becoming Euro Prez - Nov 28, 2010
- Blair says Brown "effectively blackmailed" him over cash-for-honours scandal - Sep 01, 2010
- Ex-UK Army Chief blasts Blair, Brown for letting down forces in Iraq, Afghanistan - Sep 05, 2010
- Berlusconi's sleazy political generation should retire: Mayor of Florence - Feb 20, 2011
- Blair says George W. Bush was no 'dumb idiot' - Sep 02, 2010
- Royals feared Prince Charles would be attacked at Diana's funeral - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: april 29, baroness thatcher, british prime minister, british prime minister tony blair, david starkey, dislike, former british prime minister tony blair, gordon brown, john major, minister tony blair, monarchy, mr blair, personal choices, plain truth, prime minister tony blair, prince william, royal wedding, sir john, sky news, tony blair