Prince William and Kate Middleton announce April weddingNovember 24th, 2010 - 12:12 am ICT by BNO News
LONDON (BNO NEWS) — Prince William and Kate Middleton on Monday set April 29, 2011 as the date for their marriage that will take place at Westminster Abbey, Clarence House announced.
“The marriage of Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton will take place at Westminster Abbey on Friday 29th April 2011,” said in a statement Clarence House, the official residence of several royals such as William.
The statement added that the wedding of the couple will be paid by the Royal Family, continuing the precedents set by the marriages of The Prince and Princess of Wales in 1981 and Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947.
The couple, both aged 28, met at Scotland’s St. Andrew’s University in 2001 and began dating two years later, in 2003. They became engaged in October during a private holiday in Kenya.
Clarence House said that, following the marriage, the couple will live in north Wales, where Prince William will continue to serve with the Royal Air Force.
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- Prince William to marry girlfriend Kate Middleton - Nov 16, 2010
- It's official! Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in 2011 - Nov 16, 2010
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- William & Kate to visit California in July - May 05, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- White House congratulates British royal couple - Apr 30, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Westminster Abbey adds another page to its history - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: bno, clarence house, kate middleton, miss catherine, north wales, precedents, prince and princess, prince philip, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, princess elizabeth, princess of wales, private holiday, royal family, royals, s university, st andrew, westminster abbey, william and kate