Prince Phillips top aide to testify at Di inquestDecember 8th, 2007 - 9:00 pm ICT by admin
London, Dec 8 (ANI): The Duke of Edinburgh’s closest aide is to testify at the inquest into the deaths of Princess Diana and her boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed, it has been announced.
Private secretary Brigadier Sir Miles Hunt-Davis will appear at the hearing next week, and is certain to be asked about Dodis father Mohamed al Fayed’s claim that the Duke ordered Diana’s “murder” in a car crash in Paris in 1997.
Fayed is convinced the couple were murdered in an MI6 plot which he believes was ordered by the Prince Phillip. He believes the couple were poised to announce their engagement when they died and that Diana was pregnant with Dodi’s child.
Sir Miles is likely to be asked about the whereabouts of correspondence between the Duke and the Princess, reports BBC.
The Princess’ close friend Rosa Monkton and her stepmother Raine, Countess Spencer, are also listed to give evidence.
Others listed include Philippe Doucin, a barman who says he sold drinks to driver Henri Paul at the Ritz Hotel in Paris on the night of the crash, and Dr Arnaud Derossi, who co-ordinated the medical response at the scene of the tragedy in the Pont de l’Alma tunnel in the early hours of August 31 1997.
Also due to appear is Alberto Repossi, a jeweller visited by Dodi hours before the crash. (ANI)
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Di was murdered because she planned to expose UK's role in arms trade' - Jun 01, 2010
- Princess Di's comic book branded 'disgusting' over 'cruel' content - Nov 09, 2009
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
- 'Princess Di was killed to end romance with Dodi' - Mar 29, 2010
- Jessica Chastain to play Princess Diana - Nov 08, 2011
- Princess Diana's family to sell items for auction - Mar 31, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
Tags: alberto repossi, boyfriend dodi, car crash, countess spencer, derossi, driver henri paul, duke of edinburgh, hotel in paris, inquest, jeweller, medical response, miles hunt, mohamed al fayed, prince phillip, princess diana, private secretary, ritz hotel in paris, rosa monkton, s child, stepmother