Prince Harry’s ‘emotional’ speech leaves Kate in tearsMay 1st, 2011 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 1(ANI): Prince Harry’s heartfelt speech at the post royal wedding evening reception on Friday moved his new sister-in-law Kate.
While paying tribute to his brother ‘The Dude’ and his new wife, Harry told the couple’s friends and family that he loved Kate “like a sister.”
According to several guests, Kate went “very emotional and touched” by his tribute that she even shed a tear during the evening’s festivities, reports the Daily Mail.
The prince delivered his best man’s speech, which he had been working on for the past fortnight, at 9.30pm after 300 of the couple’s close family and friends had enjoyed a three-course meal with vintage champagne.
Before the speech he had asked his best friends Thomas Van Straubenzee and Guy Pelly to be a sounding board and is understood to have dropped a reference to ‘Kate’s killer legs’ from the final edit.
“Harry had some joke in about how he had immediately given Kate the thumbs up when William first brought her home because she had such a great pair of pins, but he didn’t want to embarrass her,” said a friend.
According to sources inside the evening reception, the prince ’s speech was “warm and affectionate” and peppered with good humour and jokes.
Harry described his brother’s relationship with Kate as ‘inspirational.’
“William didn’t have a romantic bone in his body before he met Kate, so I knew it was serious when William suddenly started cooing down the phone at Kate,” the prince said. (ANI)
- Prince William 'wore chest wig and hairpiece at stag party' - Apr 02, 2011
- Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend - Jun 11, 2012
- Prince Harry to be feted with Golden Heart Award for charity work - Dec 07, 2010
- Kate Middleton gives cooking lessons to Harry - Aug 26, 2012
- Ricky Gervais offered Prince Harry help with his best man speech - May 01, 2011
- Prince Harry takes charge of the 'wedmin' of brother Williams - Apr 24, 2011
- British princes' friend sues News of the World - Jul 14, 2011
- Will-Kat danced their way to post wedding reception! - May 01, 2011
- We are so lucky to have her: Charles says about Kate - Apr 30, 2011
- Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince Charles - Apr 30, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton will dance to ABBA songs at reception - Mar 04, 2011
- Westminster Abbey To Witness The Historic Royal Wedding - Nov 24, 2010
- Pippa Middleton's post royal wedding party plans scare palace aides - Apr 28, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Will-Kat spend first night at palace - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: best friends, best man, daily mail, emotional speech, evening reception, family and friends, festivities, fortnight, good humour, heartfelt speech, killer legs, may 1, pins, prince harry, royal wedding, sister in law, sounding board, thomas van straubenzee, vintage champagne, wife harry