Prince Harry turns to books for fear of flunking pilot courseMarch 26th, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 26 (ANI): Nightclub-loving Prince Harry has turned all his attention to his books, after being warned that he could fail his training course to become an Army helicopter pilot.
Army sources have revealed that the Royal is trying his best to impress his instructors.
After initially failing a series of theory tests, Harry is now determined to pass the course to become a chopper pilot.
The 24-year-old Prince wants to fly Apache gunships for the Army Air Corps in Afghanistan.
But Army sources say that he was shocked after being warned that he was in danger of flunking the course because of his lack of academic prowess.
“It has been a real shock to his system and a steep learning curve,” the Daily Express quoted a source as saying.
The source added: “I think he really underestimated how much work he would need to do. His head is buried in a book most nights now. He’s really working hard. He’s Harry Swotter.”
Instructors at RAF Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire have said that although the Prince has a natural talent for flying, they still worry about his ability to pass the theory parts of the course and are giving him extra tuition to get through.
“He’s got two years to get it right but it’s going to be touch and go,” said an Army source. (ANI)
- Prince Harry fails his first flying exam - Feb 15, 2009
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry to return to Afghanistan's frontline areas - Jan 02, 2011
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry one step closer to winning helicopter wings - Jan 31, 2010
- Prince Harry to earn danger money in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2012
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry to learn how to fight in Apache helicopter - Mar 13, 2011
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince William 'teases' brother Prince Harry on his 26th b'day - Sep 19, 2010
- Prince Harry's helicopter instructor arrested over sex pest claims - Oct 28, 2010
- Prince Harry Earns Wings! Chosen To Fly Apache Attack Helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry chooses to fly Apache attack helicopters - May 07, 2010
Tags: academic prowess, afghanistan, apache, army air corps, army helicopter pilot, army sources, chopper pilot, course london, daily express, fear, fly, gunships, lincolnshire, old prince, pilot course, prince harry, raf barkston heath, shock, steep learning curve, theory tests