Prince Harry travels to Arctic ahead of North Pole trekMarch 29th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29(ANI): Britain’s Prince Harry has arrived in Norway to take part in a charity walk to the North Pole with four disabled soldiers injured in the war in Afghanistan.
Harry, who is the patron of the ‘Walking With the Wounded’ charity, will join the group for the first five days of their 320-kilometre trek across polar ice amid arctic temperatures.
The 26-year-old is expected to play a full part in the team’s final preparation for the expedition, including sleeping out on the ice, dragging a 100kg sled, and attending daily briefings, the Telegraph reports.
The walk, which starts on Friday, is expected to raise two million pounds for the charity. (ANI)
- Disabled British veterans plan to conquer Everest - Apr 27, 2011
- Prince Harry to appear on cover of men's magazine - Mar 27, 2011
- Prince Harry eyes Everest expedition for charity - Apr 27, 2011
- Prince Harry didn't tell queen about his Arctic trip - Aug 15, 2011
- Cracked ice runway strands Prince Harry in Arctic - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince Harry stranded in Russian Arctic - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince Harry to support injured servicemen - Feb 13, 2012
- 'Bored' Prince Harry back to smoking - Apr 04, 2011
- British woman doctor becomes first to walk to North Pole - Apr 26, 2010
- Prince Harry eyes North Pole trek to help injured service personnel - Mar 20, 2010
- Indian Army's skiing expedition flagged in - Mar 01, 2011
- UK explorer aims to set new Arctic endurance record - May 08, 2009
- Arctic sea ice shrinks to smallest ever - Aug 28, 2012
- First ever wedding held at North Pole - Apr 14, 2012
- China to launch eight Antarctic, Arctic expeditions - Sep 25, 2011