Prince Harry stranded in Russian ArcticApril 8th, 2011 - 8:31 am ICT by IANS
London, April 8 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Britain’s Prince Harry who is on an expedition to the Arctic will spend at least one more day there because of ice accumulation on the runway at the base airport.
The 26-year-old prince had gone on the expedition with with British war veterans.
Harry was to leave the Barneo Arctic base Thursday, but the airport runway was closed due to ice, making it unable for planes to take off, the Walking With The Wounded charity said.
Workers were clearing snow from another part of the runway to allow Harry to return to Britain and continue his military service, the organisers said.
Harry is expected to fly out within the next two days, but the situation could change because of the “unpredictable nature of conditions in the Arctic”, they said.
- Disabled British veterans plan to conquer Everest - Apr 27, 2011
- Cracked ice runway strands Prince Harry in Arctic - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince Harry travels to Arctic ahead of North Pole trek - Mar 29, 2011
- First ever wedding held at North Pole - Apr 14, 2012
- Russian youth group reaches North Pole - Apr 23, 2011
- Russia's floating university traces Gulf Stream - Jul 17, 2012
- Mars data indicate carbon dioxide snowfall - Sep 12, 2012
- Big freeze: Christmas travel plans in chaos - Dec 18, 2010
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry didn't tell queen about his Arctic trip - Aug 15, 2011
- Prince Harry to appear on cover of men's magazine - Mar 27, 2011
- Pilot dies in Czech plane crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Dutch firm launches save naked prince game - Sep 04, 2012
- UAE to send 12 planes on Libya mission: Sarkozy - Mar 25, 2011