Prince Harry reveals how mum’s charity work inspired himDecember 19th, 2010 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): Prince Harry has spoken about the influence his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, and father, the Prince of Wales, have had on his charity work.
His comments came ahead of a visit to Berlin where he was expected to be honoured for his humanitarian and charity work with an award presented live on television.
He was to receive a Golden Heart during Ein Herz fur Kinder (A Heart for Children), Germany’s largest televised fundraising gala.
In the interview with the German newspaper Bild, Prince Harry described how he hopes to emulate the “fantastic” charitable work of his parents.
“My mother was an inspiration to me, and my brother. And also to so many people around the world,” the Scotsman quoted him as saying.
“She did so much fantastic work with her charities and I think people particularly warmed to her because of the way she was able to put them at ease, no matter what environment or situation they were in.
“Her compassion was obvious to see. Like her, I realise I am in a privileged position as a member of the Royal Family, and I have to use what I have been given to highlight important issues.
“But I have also learnt an awful lot from my father, who has worked with loads of charities for decades,” he added. (ANI)
- Kate is the sister Prince Harry always wanted - Dec 18, 2010
- Prince Harry to be feted with Golden Heart Award for charity work - Dec 07, 2010
- Cheryl dreams of marrying Prince Harry - Apr 03, 2012
- Prince Harry's tribute to late mum Princess Diana - Jun 20, 2010
- Prince Harry says Kate Middleton will be sister I always wanted - Dec 18, 2010
- Samantha Cameron bakes 'charity cakes' for royal wedding street party - Apr 27, 2011
- British Sikh jailed for sex attack was guest at queen's programme - Jun 07, 2012
- Cheryl Cole meets Prince Charles to discuss charity work - Feb 23, 2011
- Abdullahs host glitterati in aid of Kashmir's children - Apr 25, 2010
- Brazil girls gaga over Prince Harry - Mar 10, 2012
- Huntington-Whiteley obsessed with Prince Harry - Jul 03, 2011
- Will-Kat danced their way to post wedding reception! - May 01, 2011
- Olivia Grant wants to play Princess Diana - Mar 10, 2011
- My grandmom has a very good sense of humour: Prince Harry - Mar 12, 2012
- Heart attack claims Prince Harry's fav pony - May 09, 2010
Tags: berlin, brother, charitable work, charities, charity work, compassion, decades, diana princess of wales, fundraising, fur kinder, golden heart, humanitarian, inspiration, parents, prince harry, prince of wales, princess of wales, privileged position, royal family, scotsman