Prince Harry ‘never thought flying would be so tough’June 1st, 2009 - 11:40 am ICT by ANI
London, June 1 (ANI): Speaking for the first time about his helicopter training, Prince Harry has confessed that flying is tougher than he ever thought it to be.
In a candid interview, the Royal has revealed that he faces difficulties when it comes to the theory side of aviation.
The 24-year-old prince has already completed five months of his two-year course to become an Army Air Corps combat pilot.
“The flying is fantastic. But there are times I’ve thought, I’m really not cut out for this mentally. It’s really intense,” British tabloid The Sun quoted him as saying.
He added: “I knew it was going to be tough, but never thought it would be this tough. I hope I’ve got the physical skills to fly a helicopter. But there are the exams and everything. I can’t do maths. I gave that up when I left school.”
Harry gave the interview after playing in a charity polo match at the end of a two-day trip to New York, his first official visit overseas. (ANI)
- Prince Harry may not complete his pilot training - Jun 07, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe a real wizard? - Nov 25, 2010
- My grandmom has a very good sense of humour: Prince Harry - Mar 12, 2012
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Radcliffe doesn't mind sex symbol status - Feb 17, 2012
- Prince Harry promoted to Army Captain - Apr 17, 2011
- Brazil girls gaga over Prince Harry - Mar 10, 2012
- Prince Harry reveals how mum's charity work inspired him - Dec 19, 2010
- Middle East unrest canceles Prince Harry's Dubai visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Heart attack claims Prince Harry's fav pony - May 09, 2010
- Princes William and Harry thank mum Diana 'for making them tough men' - Oct 18, 2010
- 48hrs after engagement announcement, Wills pulls off dramatic rescue - Nov 21, 2010
- Prince Philip celebrates his 90th birthday - Jun 11, 2011
- Prince Harry Plays Polo For A Noble Cause - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: army air corps, aviation, british tabloid the sun, candid interview, charity, combat pilot, day trip, five months, fly, helicopter training, london, old prince, polo match, prince harry, tabloid the sun, theory side