Prince Harry fails his first flying examFebruary 15th, 2009 - 1:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 15 (ANI): Britains Prince Harry, who was recently exposed for calling a fellow soldier a Paki during a training exercise and broke-up with his long-term girlfriend Chelsy Davy last month, has received yet another blow this year.
He has failed one of his first pilot exams just a few weeks into his two-year course.
And now Army Air Corps chiefs are giving him extra lessons to ensure he passes a retake.
The 24-year-old Royal flunked the theory-based test at an RAF base in Lincolnshire.
Harry didnt reach the grade but he will have plenty of other opportunities to pass it, News of the World quoted a Royal source, as saying.
He will now be given extra tuition. It wasnt a case of Harry failing and being booted off the course. Its part of an on-going assessment, the source added.
The prince, who struggled at Eton before getting two A-levels in Geography and Art, is splitting his time between RAF Cranwell and RAF Barkston Heath, both Lincs.
The royals dream is to fly an Apache attack helicopter on the front line.
However, if he passes his pilots course he may get a reconnaissance Lynx or Gazelle chopper instead, depending on his flying skills.
The Prince remains in the Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) but on attachment to the Army Air Corps.
Harrys first weeks have been spent learning the basics of flying, on a Firefly fixed-wing aircraft. (ANI)
- Prince Harry completes his maiden solo flight with ease - Apr 01, 2009
- Prince Harry 'passes' basic helicopter training course - Aug 16, 2009
- Prince Harry turns to books for fear of flunking pilot course - Mar 26, 2009
- Britain to sack nearly 100 air force trainee pilots - Feb 14, 2011
- Wills 'to begin advanced helicopter training' - Apr 18, 2009
- Prince Harry becomes eligible to fly choppers in frontline areas - Apr 30, 2010
- Prince Harry one step closer to returning to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 28, 2010
- Prince William 'teases' brother Prince Harry on his 26th b'day - Sep 19, 2010
- Prince Harry hasn't washed his hair for two years - May 01, 2009
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry to become a helicopter pilot - May 02, 2010
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Prince Harry's no hair-wash for two years horror admission! - May 01, 2009
Tags: apache attack helicopter, army air corps, blues and royals, britains prince, chelsy davy, chopper, eton, fellow soldier, gazelle, household cavalry, lincs, london feb, news of the world, paki, pilot exams, prince harry, raf base, raf cranwell, term girlfriend, wing aircraft