Prince Harry eyes North Pole trek to help injured service personnelMarch 20th, 2010 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 20 (ANI): Prince Harry is set to undertake an expedition to the North Pole to help raise funds for injured service personnel.
The 25-year-old royal will join a team of amputees who lost limbs in the line of duty and their guides for the Walking With The Wounded trek which will take place in April next year.
The team will battle hypothermia and frostbite risks to become the first amputees to reach the Geographical North Pole, The Daily Express reported.
The third in line to the British throne, a patron of the campaign, hopes to raise 1 million pounds to help rehabilitate wounded servicemen and women into employment.
He told a London audience the project showed the “tenacity and courage of those who serve our country”. (ANI)
- Prince Harry eyes Everest expedition for charity - Apr 27, 2011
- Prince Harry to appear on cover of men's magazine - Mar 27, 2011
- Disabled British veterans plan to conquer Everest - Apr 27, 2011
- Cracked ice runway strands Prince Harry in Arctic - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince Harry travels to Arctic ahead of North Pole trek - Mar 29, 2011
- Prince Harry to support injured servicemen - Feb 13, 2012
- Prince Harry didn't tell queen about his Arctic trip - Aug 15, 2011
- Prince Harry To Visit New York By The End Of This Month - Jun 03, 2010
- First ever wedding held at North Pole - Apr 14, 2012
- Prince William pays tribute to war dead - Nov 14, 2010
- 'Bored' Prince Harry back to smoking - Apr 04, 2011
- Russian youth group reaches North Pole - Apr 23, 2011
- Prince Harry to be feted with Golden Heart Award for charity work - Dec 07, 2010
- Prince William appointed Colonel of Irish Guards - Feb 11, 2011
- Prince Harry's tour with Bahamian military - Mar 04, 2012