Prince Harry completes his maiden solo flight with easeApril 1st, 2009 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.1 (ANI): Prince Henry of Wales commonly known as Prince Harry has completed his maiden solo flight with ease.
Harry flew a Firefly training plane for about 30 minutes before making a copybook landing at the RAF Barkston strip.
Harry, 24 looked in complete command during the flight, and appeared calm and composed after he touched down, The Sun reported.
“Flying solo is a daunting prospect for every new pilot. But Harry had no problems,” sources said.
Harry’s flight came as it emerged he struggled for weeks to pass a crucial mathematics test he flunked.
Harry, who is aiming to become a helicopter pilot, would be moving to RAF Shawbury, Shrops, for his advance training in May. (ANI)
- Prince William to receive his wings on Friday - Jan 15, 2010
- Prince William 'teases' brother Prince Harry on his 26th b'day - Sep 19, 2010
- Britain to sack nearly 100 air force trainee pilots - Feb 14, 2011
- Prince William to strip, Harry to drink beer from loo at RAF bases - Feb 27, 2009
- Prince Harry 'passes' basic helicopter training course - Aug 16, 2009
- Prince William undertakes first air-sea rescue mission with RAF - Oct 06, 2010
- Prince Harry qualifies as attack chopper pilot - Feb 09, 2012
- Wills 'to begin advanced helicopter training' - Apr 18, 2009
- Prince William gets his helicopter wings - Sep 17, 2010
- Prince William 'battling to serve in Falkland Islands' - Sep 26, 2010
- Prince Harry may not complete his pilot training - Jun 07, 2009
- Short-sighted Wills used loophole for RAF pilot course? - Jan 16, 2009
- Prince Harry fails his first flying exam - Feb 15, 2009
- Prince Williams rents lovepad for girlfriend to stay - Jan 25, 2009
- Prince William passes air crash escape test with flying colours - Jan 29, 2010