Prince Harry ‘celebrates helicopter pilot’s licence with boozy night’May 4th, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 4 (ANI): Prince Harry reportedly passed his helicopter pilot’s licence and celebrated his success with a boozy night out in a club.
The third in line to the British throne, who is training to pilot the meanest attack machine in the British Army, the Apache, had allegedly flunked a theory exam earlier this year and was given the opportunity to take it again.
Harry, 24, upon clearing the exam, was claimed to be a step closer to his dream of returning to Afghanistan from where he was pulled off last year following safety concerns after news of his presence there was leaked.
“Harry can now fly military helicopters and is a step closer to passing his Wings,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
“It also means he is more likely to return to the front line. As a foot soldier, he is regarded as a magnet for bombs but as an airborne one, he is harder to trace.
“Harry and William celebrated at the Troubadour. They watched a friend’s band until 2am,” the source added. (ANI)
- 'Natural pilot' Harry wins top cadet trophy - May 06, 2009
- Prince Harry one step closer to returning to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 28, 2010
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry chooses to fly Apache attack helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry Earns Wings! Chosen To Fly Apache Attack Helicopters - May 07, 2010
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry to earn danger money in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2012
- Prince Harry qualifies as attack chopper pilot - Feb 09, 2012
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry's Afghanistan dreams 'smashed' - Nov 29, 2009
- Prince Harry faces night flying challenge as a pilot - Oct 25, 2010
- Prince Harry one step closer to winning helicopter wings - Jan 31, 2010
- Prince Harry banned from pub - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: 2am, afghanistan, apache, bombs, boozy, british army, fly, foot soldier, helicopter pilot, london, magnet, military helicopters, mirror, presence, prince harry, safety concerns, troubadour, wings