Prince Charles to pen book on climateApril 22nd, 2009 - 12:00 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 22 (ANI): Prince Charles is set to pen a book on climate that will focus on the threat big business poses to the environment.
Publisher HarperCollins said that the Prince’s book would talk about how humans have become dangerously disconnected from nature through their unstoppable pursuit of economic growth and technological progress.
He will also be making a documentary due for release next year.
The project is named ‘Harmony and Charles’.
In a statement released by the Rupert Murdoch-owned publishing house, Prince Charles said people had “a sacred duty of stewardship of the natural order of things”.
“In some of our actions we now behave as if we were masters of nature and, in others, as mere bystanders,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
“If we could rediscover that sense of harmony; that sense of being a part of, rather than apart from nature, we would perhaps be less likely to see the world as some sort of gigantic production system, capable of ever-increasing outputs for our benefit - at no cost,” he added. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin's book 'America by Heart' fails to impress - Dec 11, 2010
- Murdoch quits as News International director (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Apple in price-fixing probe - Dec 07, 2011
- Harper Collins India wins Asia Publishing Award - Jul 08, 2011
- News Corp to be split into two companies - Jun 28, 2012
- Gawker ordered to remove Palin book excerpts - Nov 21, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to pen autobiography - Jul 07, 2012
- Thant Myint-U, Amish Tripathi rule book charts (IANS Books) - Sep 29, 2011
- In words: A medley of spirituality, tolerance, trees (IANS Books This Week) - Mar 24, 2011
- Candace Bushnell signs a novel publishing deal with Harper Collins - Apr 12, 2011
- Tatum O'Neal memoir is in the pipeline - Feb 15, 2011
- Kristin Davis to star in 'The Happiness Project' - Oct 24, 2010
- Cover Of Sarah Palin's New Book Revealed On Thursday - Aug 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin to release new book titled 'America by Heart' in November - Jul 31, 2010
- Kalam's 'Turning Points' retains top spot on bestsellers list (IANS Books) - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: benefit, bystanders, climate, economic growth, harmony, harpercollins, masters, melbourne, news com au, prince charles, publishing house, rupert murdoch, sacred duty, stewardship, technological progress