‘Prince Charles remained Diana’s one true love,’ says confidanteNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:36 am ICT by admin
Speaking from her posh office in Palm Beach, Florida, the handbag designer asserted that it was the Prince of Wales who remained Diana’s one true love, regardless of the betrayals that made them part ways.
“The bottom line was that the person she really loved deep down was Charles. She said this early on and throughout our friendship. He was the love of her life,” the Daily Mail quoted Marks, as saying.
Lana added that Diana was not looking to marry any of her lovers, including Dodi.
“We did talk about several men in her life and in particular about Hasnat Khan and how supportive he had been. But she was not going to marry him. She said it without using words directly, but in her language she indicated to me very clearly that she was not going to marry him,” she said.
Lana, who has not been called to give evidence at the current High Court inquest into the Princess’s death, also sternly dismissed claims Dodi’s father Mohamed Al Fayed believes - that she was pregnant with Dodi’s child.
“I would categorically say she wasn’t. She confided in me in great depth about everything going on in her life at that time. If there had been any pregnancy she would have told me. I would have known,” she said.
Marks said that she planned a trip with Diana to Milan on the weekend the princess died, but it was cancelled because the socialite’s father died in South Africa.
“I have gone over it a thousand times in my mind. It’s been a terrible thing to cope with. I feel in my heart that if Diana had been with me her death would never have happened,” she said. (ANI)
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- Princess Di's comic book branded 'disgusting' over 'cruel' content - Nov 09, 2009
- When a footman got a Valentine's card from Diana - Feb 14, 2012
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Princess Diana Steps Into The World Of Comics - Oct 29, 2009
- Naomi Watts to play Princess Diana - Feb 10, 2012
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Princess Di's life story turned into comic book - Nov 03, 2009
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Keira Knightley 'to star in the movie Diana' - Oct 18, 2010
- Cheryl dreams of marrying Prince Harry - Apr 03, 2012
- India Hicks' urges Middleton to 'enjoy marriage intimately' - Apr 24, 2011
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
- Diana's funeral hymn to be first sung at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: confidante, diana, dismissed claims, dodi, hasnat khan, inquest, lana, mail, mohamed al fayed, one true, palm beach florida, prince charles, prince of wales, princess, s child, socialite, thousand times, true love