Price Charles worried for motorbike loving sonsDecember 13th, 2010 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
London, Dec 13 (ANI): Price Charles is worried about the fact that his sons Prince William and Prince Harry ride motorbikes on busy roads.
William, 28, and Harry, 26, are both keen riders who own powerful machines.
The royal brothers, both in the Forces, are said to ride their bikes at weekends when not on military duty or training but their father worries they may not be spotted by traffic on the roads.
The Prince of Wales revealed his concerns during a St James’ Palace reception for pilots and ground crew from the Commando Helicopter Force (CHF), reports the Daily Mail.
Charles asked Oliver Beale, 19, an Air Engineer Technician with the CHF’s 846 Squadron: “You haven’t got a motorbike have you?”
But before he could answer his stepfather John Hull, 56, replied: “He has got one but he’s progressed to a car.”
The prince replied: “I always worry about them. It’s about other cars not being able to see you. I’m always telling my sons that.”
William reportedly has a 15,000 pounds Ducati 1198s - top speed 180mph - considered one of the ultimate machines for a weekend spin.
While his brother is said to own an 11,000 pounds Ducati 848 - with a top speed of 166mph.
Talking to another group at the reception, Charles said: “I hate motorbikes. My sons are interested in them. I can’t ever get my balance on them.” (ANI)
- Prince William to buy 190mph superbike - Nov 13, 2010
- Prince William to buy superbike - Nov 13, 2010
- William spotted riding home on superbike after enjoying kickabout with mates! - Apr 28, 2011
- William plays football, rides home on sports bike - Apr 28, 2011
- Prince Harry didn't tell queen about his Arctic trip - Aug 15, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Prince Harry stopped by the police - Jun 18, 2012
- Prince Harry pokes fun at elder brother - Mar 11, 2012
- Prince Williams causes stir with Ducati motorcycle at charity event - Jul 06, 2009
- Prince William to spend wedding eve with dad - Apr 20, 2011
- Millions to celebrate 'People's Royal Wedding' on April 29! - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince Charles 'slams loony remarks' - Sep 19, 2010
- Cheryl dreams of marrying Prince Harry - Apr 03, 2012
- Did Prince William skip his share of pub bill at stag party? - Mar 06, 2011
- Keira Knightley rides Ducati in new Chanel ad - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: beale, chf, commando, daily mail, engineer technician, ground crew, helicopter, john hull, keen riders, loving sons, military duty, motorbike, motorbikes, prince of wales, prince william, prince william and prince harry, squadron, st james palace, stepfather, top speed