President Patil arrives in BeijingMay 26th, 2010 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 26 (IANS) Indian President Pratibha Patil arrived in Beijing Wednesday on a six-day state visit to China, during which she will meet her Chinese counterpart Hu Jintao, inaugurate an Indian-style Buddhist temple and also visit the Shanghai World Expo.
Her special aircraft landed at the Beijing airport around 6 p.m. here. Patil was received at the airport by Chinese Assistant Foreign Minister Hu Zhengyue.
Besides Beijing, the Indian president will visit Shanghai and Luoyang. During her visit May 26-May 31, Patil will meet Chinese President Hu Jintao in Beijing Thursday. The two will discuss a range of bilateral, regional and global issues to invigorate relations between the two countries after a period of strain caused by border tensions.
- President leaves on six-day trip to China - May 26, 2010
- Indian president to visit China next week - May 19, 2010
- Indian president arrives in China, to push for more trade (Second Lead) - May 26, 2010
- President Patil to visit China on May 26 - May 19, 2010
- Prime Minister calls on President Patil - May 24, 2010
- Foreign Secretary to brief media on President Patil's China visit - May 24, 2010
- India hopes for China's UN support during Patil's visit (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Indian president meets Chinese premier - May 27, 2010
- President Patil ends visit to China - May 31, 2010
- Patil to meet China's Hu Jintao - May 27, 2010
- President Patil heads for China Wednesday, business to top agenda - May 24, 2010
- President Patil arrives in Shanghai - May 29, 2010
- President Patil to be first Indian head of state to visit China in a decade - May 25, 2010
- President Patil leaves for China to strengthen strategic partnership - May 26, 2010
- Enough space for India, China to grow together: Patil (Lead) - May 31, 2010
Tags: asian news, beijing airport, border tensions, buddhist temple, china, chinese counterpart, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, foreign minister, global issues, hu jintao, indian president, indian style, indo, luoyang, mv, president hu jintao, president pratibha patil, shanghai world expo