President Obama’s statement on Osama bin Laden (Part-III)May 2nd, 2011 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our shores.
And tonight, let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11. I know that it has, at times, frayed. Yet today’s achievement is a testament to the greatness of our country and the determination of the American people.
The cause of securing our country is not complete. But tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it’s the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.
Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America. (ANI)
- Text of Obama's speech announcing Osama's killing - May 02, 2011
- Obama called Bush, Clinton before releasing statement on Osama's death - May 02, 2011
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
- Beyonce releases song to raise fund for 9/11 victims - May 07, 2011
- President Obama's statement on Osama bin Laden (Part-II) - May 02, 2011
- Ninth 9/11 anniversary marked by controversy as relatives gather - Sep 11, 2010
- Safe havens for terrorists within Pakistan borders unacceptable: President Obama - Nov 08, 2010
- State of the Union Address by the President Obama - Full Text - Jan 28, 2010
- Celebs laud Osama Bin Laden's death - May 02, 2011
- It was Al Qaeda, not a religion that attacked us: Obama - Sep 11, 2010
- Prepared remarks - Obama's speech at the United Nations - Sep 23, 2010
- US asks India to partner in counter-terrorism - Mar 09, 2011
- Way Cleared for Controversial Mosque Near Ground Zero - Aug 04, 2010
- Fight terror without blame: rights groups on 9/11 anniversary - Sep 01, 2011
- What structure should disputed site have - Some views - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: citizens, equality, greatness, liberty and justice, obama, one nation under god, osama bin laden, prosperity, sacrifices, safer place, states of america, struggle, testament, united states of america, unity