Prakash advances in Mexico challengerApril 15th, 2009 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City (Mexico), April 15 (IANS) India’s Prakash Amritraj rallied from being blanked in the first set to win the first round against Italian Riccardo Ghedin in the $35,000 ATP challenger.
Prakash, seeded eighth, beat Ghedin 0-6, 6-1, 6-3. He next plays Mexican Santiago Gonzalez who beat Australian Marinko Matosevic 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.
However, Prakash’s run ended in the doubles where he was seeded first with American David Martin. The Indo-American duo went down fighting to Mexico’s Bruno Echagaray and Ecuador’s Giovanni Lapentti, losing 6-3, 6-7(5), 10-12.
- Wimbledon: Prakash advances, Somdev falters (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- Somdev, Prakash in Wimbledon qualifiers second round - Jun 14, 2010
- Prakash in Mexico challenger quarters - Apr 17, 2009
- Rogers Cup: Sania, Paes, Bhupathi and Bopanna move up - Aug 10, 2012
- Somdev, Yuki advance in Charlottesville Challenger - Nov 03, 2010
- Sania and Paes move up, Bhupathi-Bopanna lose (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Australian Open: Paes-Bhupathi, Bopanna-Qureshi in round two - Jan 20, 2011
- South African Anderson wins Delray ATP title - Mar 05, 2012
- Bopanna-Qureshi enter first ATP Tour 1000 Masters final - Nov 13, 2011
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati final - Aug 19, 2012
- Somdev-Martin bow out of Seoul Challenger - Oct 26, 2009
- Australian Open: Stosur stunned; Djokovic, Sharapova advance - Jan 17, 2012
- US Open: Djokovic in second round - Aug 29, 2012
- Bhupathi-Paes knocked out of Paris Masters - Nov 09, 2011
- Prakash in second round of Calabasas challenger - Oct 21, 2009