PPP gives PML-N 24-hour deadline to implement 19-point agenda in Pak PunjabFebruary 7th, 2011 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 7(ANI): The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has given a 24-hour deadline to the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) for the implementation of the 19-point agenda presented to them last Thursday.
Addressing the media, PPP’s parliamentary leader in Punjab Assembly, Raja Riaz, threatened the PML-N with a token protest demonstration in front of the Punjab Assembly if it did not implement the 19-point agenda by Tuesday.
He announced that all the PPP ministers in Punjab would protest in front of the assembly for an hour everyday for the acceptance of their demands, the Daily Times reports.
The 19-points which Riaz presented to PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif with the aim of resolving problems of the people of the province included sacking corrupt ministers and taking action against them, the Chief Minister holding a monthly meeting of all the departments to check their progress and giving power to all provincial ministers. (ANI)
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Sindh Home Minister warns PML-N against anti-PPP move - Feb 21, 2011
- PML-N has given grace period to PPP to implement 10-point agenda: Sanaullah - Jan 11, 2011
- PPP has never given, accepted deadlines: Pak Law Minister - Feb 21, 2011
- PPP will expose Shahbaz's drama of good governance: Raja Riaz - Mar 01, 2011
- PML-N wants PPP govt. to complete its term: Nawaz Sharif - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-N all set to dump PPP in Punjab over 10-point reforms agenda - Feb 21, 2011
- PPP gives in to PML-N's charter of demands - Jan 10, 2011
- PPP terms PML-N decision to end alliance in Punjab 'sad day for democracy' - Feb 27, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Zardari convenes 'emergency meeting' of PPP Punjab ministers - Feb 25, 2011
- Nawaz accuses Zardari of failing his efforts to achieve reconciliation in Pak - Feb 19, 2011
- Pak govt. seriously implementing 10-point reforms agenda: Gilani - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: aim, chief minister, hour deadline, implementation, lahore, last thursday, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, parliamentary leader, pml n, point agenda, protest demonstration, provincial ministers, punjab, raja, riaz