PPP demands govt to hold polls in two monthsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:38 am ICT by admin
The PPP delegation told the government that there would be no further talks if the government didn’t accept the demand, the Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.
They also voiced protest over the government’s statement that it was unsure whether the Thursday night’s attack on former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s homecoming rally was a suicide bombing.
Meanwhile, a PPP insider has said that the government proposed the name of Tariq Aziz as the caretaker Prime Minister, while the PPP has named Makhdoom Amin Fahim for the job.
If no agreement on these names were reached between the two sides then other non-political names would be considered in this regard, he said.
Musharraf is yet to consult with the Pakistan Muslim League (PML) leadership about the caretaker set up, Geo news quoted sources, as saying.
The channel said if the government accepted Fahim’s name then he would not contest the general elections. However, Fahim would contest a by-election.
The PPP has also expressed its reservations on the ban imposed on public meetings and rallies during the forthcoming election campaign, sources said. (ANI)
- Pakistan hints at transit trade rights to India - Oct 11, 2011
- Malik should've told Benazir not to look out, says top cop - Dec 30, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- India, Pakistan agree to dismantle trade barriers - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistan's trade deficit is $15.58 bn - Oct 13, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- PPP nominates Makhdoom Shahbuddin as new PM - Jun 20, 2012
- Lahore High Court postpones hearing of petition against Musharraf - Nov 02, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Pakistan moves for 'negative list' trade regime with India - Oct 05, 2011
- Pakistan parliament to elect new PM June 22 (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- No objection to MFN status for India: Pakistan - Oct 12, 2011
- Pakistan commerce minister in India September-end, MFN likely - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: amin, benazir bhutto, campaign sources, caretaker, elections, fahim, forthcoming election, geo news, homecoming rally, pakistan muslim league, pml, ppp, president pervez musharraf, prime minister, rehman, tariq aziz