PPP asks EC to put updated voters list on websiteNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
PPP spokesman Farhatullah Babar said the meeting decided that Senator Khosa would raise the issue before the Supreme Court to direct the ECP to place the list on its website before their printing.
Earlier, ECP secretary Kanwar Dilshad in an interview to a private television channel had said the lists would be made public in a week and new voters had been enrolled after ensuring that all the duplicate votes had been deleted.
The ECP is updating the list on the directive of the Supreme Court on the petition of PPP chairperson Benazir Bhutto.
The PPP had termed the draft electoral rolls for 2007 parliamentary elections faulty after finding that the names of 20 million eligible voters were missing as compared to the electoral rolls used in the October 2002 polls.
The ECP now has claimed that as directed by the Supreme Court, it has been working on updating the electoral rolls.
The PPP, however, has demanded that the list be placed on the website so that the political parties could verify the claims made by the ECP, the Dawn reported. (ANI)
- Pakistan's Election Commission set for five-year revamp - May 25, 2010
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Delhi High Court reserves order on gurdwara - Feb 22, 2012
- Update Delhi gurdwara poll voters' list, says court - Feb 08, 2012
- High court gives nod for Delhi gurdwara polls - Mar 01, 2012
- Slap heard in Pakistan's Supreme Court - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistan Peoples Party wants to advance Senate elections - Jan 06, 2012
- Delhi appeals single judge order on gurdwara election - Feb 17, 2012
- 'Incumbent SGPC president to run affairs of body' - Mar 30, 2012
- Pakistani politicians told to submit asset details - Aug 13, 2012
- Petition challenges removal of seven PPP ministers from Pak Punjab cabinet - Mar 04, 2011
- Pakistani dailies wonder about Swiss letter saga - Aug 28, 2012
- Kejriwal, thousands sent back without voting in Ghaziabad - Feb 29, 2012
- Bangladeshi influx: Assam NGO seeks Supreme Court intervention - Feb 25, 2012
- Punjab voters' lists to include mobile phone numbers - May 26, 2011
Tags: babar, benazir bhutto, chairperson, dilshad, duplicate, ecp, electoral rolls, eligible voters, latif, parliamentary elections, political parties, ppp, private television, sardar, supreme court, television channel, voters list