PPP advises Benazir not to come backNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:16 am ICT by admin
Earlier, on Thursday within hours after postponing her visit to Dubai, former premier Bhutto left Karachi for United Arab Emirates (UAE).
She left for Dubai in an Emirates flight, The News reported.
“I am going to Dubai to see my children and ailing mother,” Bhutto reportedly told her party leaders.
Her ‘emergency’ visit to Dubai comes amidst growing speculations that President Pervez Musharraf might impose martial law in the country if the Supreme Court gives a verdict jeopardising his ambition to continue as the President of the country.
The Supreme Court is expected to give its verdict on the validity of Musharraf’s candidature in the October 6 presidential polls on Friday, but has rescheduled it to November 12, only three days ahead of the General’s term being over.
Bhutto, who has reportedly said that she would arrive back on November 8, on Wednesday condemned the reports about the imposition of emergency or any other undemocratic action in the country, and warned that the nation would resist such acts.
Bhutto had warned that in case of emergency, people would come out on streets, and her party would lead the nation against the extreme action, which would be against democracy and sovereignty of the country.
Meanwhile, there is mounting speculations that Musharraf might take any action that he might deem appropriate for the country and for the continuity of the system. (ANI)
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Musharraf will be arrested if he returns' - Jan 27, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- PPP not to unveil Benazir Bhutto assassination report - Apr 04, 2011
- Pakistan parliament passes resolution supporting Gilani (Night Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Bhutto in Dubai, as emergency looms over Pakistan - Nov 14, 2007
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- PPP a party of the masses, says Pakistani PM - Jun 25, 2011
- Gilani convicted, opposition demands his ouster (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: aaj tv, benazir, bhutto, cec, dubai, emergency visit, extreme action, martial law, party leaders, ppp, president pervez musharraf, presidential polls, rescheduled, speculations, supreme court, united arab emirates, verdict