Powerful earthquake kills four in HondurasMay 29th, 2009 - 3:01 am ICT by IANS
Tegucigalpa (Honduras), May 29 (EFE) At least four people were killed Thursday in a powerful earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter scale in northwest Honduras.
Buildings and homes of people were damaged at several places on the Caribbean coast, where the impact of the quake was most severe.
The devastation could have been far more serious, if a hydroelectric dam situated in the quake-hit Cortes province would have broken.
- Quake strikes off Turkey - Jun 11, 2012
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- 1,000 feared killed as major quake jolts Turkey - Oct 23, 2011
- China quake toll mounts to 1,100, hopes for survivors fade - Apr 17, 2010
- China quake toll mounts to 1,484 - Apr 18, 2010
- 6.8 magnitude quake jolts Japan (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- No major damage in US due to tsunami: Obama - Mar 12, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Quake strikes near New Zealand's Christchurch city - Jan 01, 2012
- Tsunami warning issued after quake hits Japan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 10, 2011
- Chronology of world's major quakes since 1900 - Mar 11, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia - May 08, 2010